Bitcoin is known as the very first decentralized digital currency, basically coins that can be sent over the internet. 2009 was the year Bitcoin was born. The creator’s name is unknown, but this person was given the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto.
Advantages of Bitcoin.
Bitcoin transactions are made directly from person to person over the Internet. There is no need for a bank or clearing house to act as an intermediary. Thanks to this, the commission for transactions is much lower, they can be used in all countries of the world. Bitcoin accounts cannot be frozen, there are no prerequisites for opening them, the same with limits. Every day more and more merchants are starting to accept them. You can buy anything you want from them.
How Bitcoin Works.
You can exchange dollars, euros and other currencies for bitcoins. You can buy and sell as any other country’s currency. To keep your bitcoins, you have to store them in so-called wallets. These wallets reside on your computer, mobile device, or on third-party websites. Sending bitcoins is very easy. It’s as easy as sending an email. Bitcoins can be used to buy almost anything.
Bitcoin can be used anonymously to buy all kinds of goods. International payments are extremely easy and very cheap. The reason for this is that Bitcoins are not actually tied to any country. They are not subject to any regulation. Small businesses love them because they don’t charge credit card fees. There are people who buy bitcoins only for investment purposes, expecting them to increase in value.
Ways to buy bitcoins.
1) Buying on an exchange: People are allowed to buy and sell bitcoins on sites called bitcoin exchanges. They do this using their country’s currency or any other currency they have or like.
2) Transfers: People can simply send bitcoins to each other using their mobile phones, computers or online platforms. It’s the same as sending cash digitally.
3) Mining: The network is protected by individuals called Miners. They are regularly rewarded for all new verified transactions. These transactions are fully verified and then recorded in a so-called public transparent ledger. These people compete to mine these bitcoins by using computer hardware to solve complex mathematical problems. Miners invest a lot of money in equipment. Nowadays there is something called cloud mining. Using cloud mining, miners simply invest money in third-party sites, these sites provide all the necessary infrastructure, reducing equipment costs and energy consumption.
Safekeeping and custody of bitcoins.
These bitcoins are stored in so-called digital wallets. These wallets exist in the cloud or on people’s computers. A wallet is something like a virtual bank account. These wallets allow people to send and receive bitcoins, pay for things, or simply store bitcoins. Unlike bank accounts, these Bitcoin wallets are never FDIC insured.
Types of wallets.
1) Cloud Wallet: The advantage of a cloud wallet is that people don’t need to install any software on their computers and wait for long synchronization processes. The downside is that the cloud can be hacked and people can lose their bitcoins. However, these sites are very safe.
2) Desktop Wallet: The advantage of a desktop wallet is that people keep their bitcoins safe from the rest of the internet. The downside is that people can delete them when they format their computer or because of viruses.
There is no need to provide a person’s real name when making a Bitcoin transaction. Each Bitcoin transaction is recorded in a public ledger. This log contains only wallet IDs, not people’s names. so basically every transaction is private. People can buy and sell things without tracking.
Bitcoin has created a whole new way of innovation. All bitcoin software is open source, meaning anyone can view it. Today, Bitcoin is changing global finance just as the Internet has changed everything about publishing. The concept is brilliant. When everyone has access to the entire global bitcoin market, new ideas emerge. Lower transaction fees are a fact of Bitcoin. Accepting Bitcoin costs anything, and it’s also very easy to set up. Refunds do not exist. The Bitcoin community will create spin-offs of all kinds.